I opened the doors to the grand mansion in the verandah, which leads to lush green gardens, where a magnificent Buddha statue in natural pink sandstone remains, seated with bowls, in a touching earth. The Maharaja elephant, carved in black granite with its trunk brings in the grandeur of the old days. Surrounded by old oak trees and birds of paradise, this is the scene of my yoga room, my sacred place and the sanctuary in my house where I practice my daily. Tranquil and peaceful, I indulge in the goodness of Mother Earth and offer my devotion.

I have a beautiful altar in my yoga room, made out of an old Indian window, where I practice meditation and align my chakras. Handmade sculptures from Vedic traditions give a lot of energy to the deities. My altar features Sri Yantra and Shiva, mystic dancer, and Hanuman, the Rudra avatar of Shiva, known for his healing powers and his pure devotion. Ganesh and Lakshmi sit on their crystals and resonate with my daily intention. The pictures of my mother and father and the sacred text of the Bhagavad Gita guide me to follow the right path.

The rosary beads of lapis lazuli with rudraksh, hands with cotton tassir, embellish Shiva and the quartz crystal garland is synchronized with Sri Yantra. Ganesh ji likes red color and controls the root chakra, the coral garland pearl gives me on earth as I sit in the seat of my energy and love. I decorate the altar with candles and incense sticks and fresh flowers, bringing new energy and love to my home and heart. Altars are the divine center for yoga or meditation and activate the space around you, which leads to greater resonance of your soul.

Your altar is an expression of your inner spirit, an expression of your soul and how you identify with the world. Artistic old world elements like ancient arches built into the wall make a beautiful backdrop for my yoga sanctuary. Light and airy sari curtains ruffle in the air and handloom cotton clothes on the floor are perfect for just sitting. This is my place of consolation where I come to re-energize my spiritual energy. The energy increases and multiplies with each mantra and is reflected back to me. It is a beautiful place to meditate and seek inspiration, connect with the universe, and grow with the seasons.

It is a divine bliss to see the doors of the carved barns of Saraswati and Vishnu, which were splattered in color. I used them as doors in my yoga sanctuary. The old wood is so bent and frozen and seeing ancient carvings takes me to pure bliss of divine bliss.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post